• Our next tournament is on 4/7; see the calendar for details.
• Our Haili trip was notable for our young ladies getting to meet and talk with the originator of our system of play, Pedro "Pete" Velasco Jr., two-time USA Olympian and member of both the Hawaii Hall of Fame and the International Volleyball Hall of Fame.
• Mahalo to Alakai Coaches Hoku and Shane for the scrimmage at McKinley on 3/13; it was of great help to us.
• Our short-handed girls did well in the tournament at McKinley on 3/10 and the full team competed hard in the tournament the next day.
• We played well in the Grand Prix tournament finishing third in our age group.
• Our second tournament of the season, like our first, showed many bright spots through the rust.
• Mahalo to all for on-time attendance at the Aloha Region accreditation clinic. Next, go on to complete the online classes.
• Our first tournament of the season was a mixed bag as expected, with some great play and some not so good play, as we shook off the rust. The girls gave good effort throughout so the way forward is bright. We will get back in the gym and work to hone our skills and develop better consistency.
• Community Service - Mahalo nui loa to everyone for helping our non-profit partner, the Iolani Raiders Boosters Club, with its commemoration services at St. Luke's; your assistance is greatly appreciated.
• Beach Cleanup - Once again, we did a bang-up job while at the City's Kalaeloa Campgrounds, picking up all kinds of trash and earning praise from the City's coordinator, and then enjoying time with our ohana together at the beach mansion again graciously afforded to us by the IRBC. Having fun together while helping to malama aina; can't do much better than that!
• Players are responsible for checking the calendar for practices and other events. Specific notification of any changes will only be given if late-breaking. Players are obligated to notify Coach if they will be absent from any practice or event.
• Our trip this past June to compete in the 44th AAU Girls Junior National Volleyball Championships in Orlando was a good experience and confirmed the value of the system of play developed by two-time Olympian and Hall of Fame member Pedro Velasco Jr. in helping a Team be better than the sum of its individual players. To see more of our trip, go here
Pictured above are the 2018 Huikahi Junior girls. The players on this Team enjoyed success in Orlando last season and look forward to continuing this season. They are a true Team, working and playing together to achieve as a Team, with terrific support from their families.
Over the years Huikahi's girls have earned many honors together.
To briefly learn more about the Huikahi Volleyball Club, go here.
Mahalo and Aloha!
The Huikahi Volleyball Club is partnered with the Iolani Raiders Boosters Club (IRBC) in pursuing its Mission and Vision as a non-profit entity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; contributions to Huikahi via the IRBC are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. We welcome donations in support of our Junior Girls; please contact us if you wish to do so. Mahalo for your kokua!