• Second power league qualifying tournament is 1/15 at Kekuhaupio; Red team be there NLT 7:30 a.m.
Black team likely to be at McKinley; be there NLT 1:00 p.m.
• Players are responsible for checking the calendar for practices and other events. Specific notification will only be given for late-breaking changes.
• Good work by all who helped at the Honolulu Marathon; it was a beautiful day for the race! The early crew loaded 4,682 runners onto busses in the morning.
• Mahalo for everyone's kokua in making our first car wash a success! Thanks especially to all those who brought stepstools; some of those vehicles were tall!
• Mahalo also to those who provided baked goods and crafts and manned the tables at the EWC Craft Fair, also a fundraising success.
• This season, fundraising is coordinated here.
• Anaheim Summer Soiree: Huikahi's trip to Anaheim for the SCVA's Summer Soiree was successful and fun but a rough one from a health standpoint with most of our coaches and players falling ill at some point. Nevertheless, both teams showed good focus and desire with the players toughing it through their illnesses to finish 21st of 88 in the 14U division and 9th out of 59, winning the Silver Championship, in the 15U division, the highest of any Hawaii team in that 15U division. Go here to see more on the Summer Soiree.
• Aloha Summer Classic: Both our teams played well, defeating teams both from the mainland and the outer islands and Oahu. Our 14U won their pool on day two to finish fifth in their division. Congratulations to our 15U team for going undefeated on their way to the inaugural championship of their division in the first ever Aloha Summer Classic! For their stellar play, Alissa and Makenzie were selected to be on the all-tournament team by vote of opposing coaches, a greatly deserved honor. They and the entire team played an outstanding tournament! To see more about the Aloha Summer Classic, go here.
• Regional Championships: Our 15U team won its qualifying tournament, so moved on into the Division, defeating some teams and competing very well against all teams, to confirm their place in the Top Five of all 15U teams in the Aloha Region. Our 14U team won its qualifying pool and had a 13-5 set record overall in the 14U Regionals to finish in second place during its afternoon Bronze Division.
Most of Huikahi Volleyball Club's girls are veterans, with the core having played together since they were 11 years old. Over the years they've earned many honors together.
To briefly learn more about the Huikahi Volleyball Club, go here.
Mahalo and Aloha!
The Huikahi Volleyball Club is partnered with the Iolani Raiders Boosters Club (IRBC) in pursuing its Mission and Vision as a non-profit entity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; contributions to Huikahi via the IRBC are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. We welcome donations in support of our Junior Girls; please contact us if you wish to do so. Mahalo for your kokua!