• Our Black Team plays a mini-tournament on 5/27; see calendar for details.
• Mahalo to Coach Chris and Ka Ulukoa for the scrimmage at Le Jardin on 5/22.
• Mahalo nui loa to those who helped at the car wash; it was a great success.
• Mahalo to Coach Joe and Laulea for the scrimmage on 5/11.
• Congratulations to our Red Team for winning the Silver Division of the 16U Regionals on Sunday, 4/30.
• Congratulations to our Red team, which won its third championship in a row, an 18U tournament at McKinley on 4/15.
• Our Black Team competed well at McKinley on 4/9, winning their second round pool, but inconsistency left them at the .500 mark overall for the day.
• Well done by our Black Team to move up to second place in its division of the Champions League by defeating the first place team. Our Red team holds fourth place in its division.
• Congratulations, again, to our Red team for winning its second consecutive tournament championship, at Kalihi Valley on 3/26.
• Congratulations to our Red team for winning its pool and also the overall tournament championship at McKinley on 3/19. Our Black Team finished second in its pool.
• Players are responsible for checking the calendar for practices and other events. Specific notification will only be given for late-breaking changes.
• This season, fundraising is coordinated here.
• Anaheim Summer Soiree: Huikahi's trip to Anaheim for the SCVA's Summer Soiree was successful and fun but a rough one from a health standpoint with most of our coaches and players falling ill at some point. Nevertheless, both teams showed good focus and desire with the players toughing it through their illnesses to finish 21st of 88 in the 14U division and 9th out of 59, winning the Silver Championship, in the 15U division, the highest of any Hawaii team in that 15U division. Go here to see more on the Summer Soiree.
Pictured above are the 2017 Huikahi Junior girls. Most of Huikahi Volleyball Club's girls are veterans, with the core having played together since they were 11 years old. Over the years they've earned many honors together.
To briefly learn more about the Huikahi Volleyball Club, go here.
Mahalo and Aloha!
The Huikahi Volleyball Club is partnered with the Iolani Raiders Boosters Club (IRBC) in pursuing its Mission and Vision as a non-profit entity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; contributions to Huikahi via the IRBC are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. We welcome donations in support of our Junior Girls; please contact us if you wish to do so. Mahalo for your kokua!